Fume Hood with Built-In HPSS
To support environmental efforts for the green initiative; and meet the growing need for fume scrubbers, Salare, Inc. has developed an economical high-efficiency wet-scrubber that is built into the FCE fume hood. Our top-of-the-line Maelstrom™ wet scrubber is well known for its dynamic efficiency and virtually maintenance-free performance; and recently acknowledged as a Benchmark product by Eli Lilly & Company. However, it was recognized that smaller labs—or those with minimal or occasional use processes—would be better served with a more economical wet scrubber product.
The FCE-HPSS (Fume Cabinet-Exhausting-with High Pressure Scrubber System) provides efficiency in the high-ninety percentile similar to the Maelstrom™; and is designed to provide excellent service for many years. The maintenance required only involves cleaning of the scrubber tiers. As with the Maelstrom™ scrubber, the clean air being exhausted from the scrubber is 99% saturated humidity, and therefore, must be vented outdoors.
Constructed of white stress-relieved, acid resistant, non-corrosive polypropylene; designed for use with harsh acids.
The FCE-HPSS is designed with an overhead by-pass grille to maintain a relatively constant air flow regardless of sash position to eliminate air turbulence by controlling velocity changes within the fume hood. Salare’s state-of-the-art digital airflow monitor warns of unsafe exhaust conditions. Providing a built in light switch and audible and visible alarm functions for constant monitoring of exhaust air. Fume Hood Alarm includes Digital Display, 3 Relay inputs, 3 Relay outputs, 3 Pushbuttons, and Com port. Air Flow Monitor operator display panel options include: Velocity Bar Graph or Alarm Time Line, Velocity display fpm or m/sec, control pushbutton functions, LED indicators, Function and up/down buttons for Menu Configuration and Calibration, and ENTER is also used as Mute button for audible alarm.
Additional Features Include:
- The work area is illuminated by a fluorescent light fixture in a fume-tight compartment;
- A vertically gliding, counter-weighted front sash of heavy-duty clear polycarbonate provides a safe view of your process.
- A top-located junction box is for 120 VAC or 220 VAC, 50 Hz electrical connection.
- The FCE-HPSS includes its own base cabinet constructed from white stress-relieved, non-corrosive polypropylene. All heat-seam welded and tested.
- The Base Cabinet is reinforced with a rigid stainless steel base equipped with Polypropylene and stainless steel stem levelers, hinged doors and all plastic hardware.
The FCE-HPSS is available in sizes from 3 to 10 feet in width and custom sizes are available; as are the FCE-MS (Maelstrom™) fume hoods.
The HPSS (Integral Rear-Mounted Wet Scrubber) Includes:
- All polypropylene construction for total compatibility, as an integral part mounted behind the back baffle, and accessible from inside the fume hood.
- Tiers of spray manifolds and polypropylene packing give more intensive mass transfer, with one common pump system.
- The scrubbing system is configured with a 40 gallon sump. The scrubbing liquor is recirculated continuously at a rate of 25 GPM.
- A front-accessible demister pad restricts mist from exhausting with the air.
- A 10-inch diameter exhaust collar is supplied for connection to the house exhaust.
- The FCE-HPSS Shipped in two pieces, and is easy to install, fully tested, and ready to use.
An OPTIONAL PH CONTROL SYSTEM is recommended for the HPSS but not required.
The Automatic pH dosing and control system which Salare offers for use with scrubber is a high-efficiency pH control system. Installed on the scrubber sump this ensures the pH level of the scrubbing liquor by continuously measuring the prevailing pH of the sump contents. Concentrate is injected as needed directly into the scrubbing liquid just prior to it entering the scrubbing chamber. This ensures that maximum absorption and neutralization capability of the scrubber is maintained during even the harshest and most contaminated conditions. All parts of this system are designed to be non-corrosive. A digital microcomputer provides operator controls and readout.